[LAU] Call for Student Participation - CLAM in Google Summer of Code 2008

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Mar 24 08:01:27 EDT 2008

We are glad to announce that 2008 summer is also going to be a Summer
of Code for CLAM [1]. In other words, CLAM has been accepted as a
mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code, a program that
offers student developers stipends of 4500 USD to write code for open
source projects [2].

We are looking for smart students who enjoy coding free software so that
they can earn some bucks for the summer. Last year, GSoC 2007[3] was a
very fun and productive experience and we are willing to repeat it. Take
a look at the CLAM GSoC 2008 wiki page[4] for more information on how
to apply and some sample ideas[5] for projects.

CLAM (C++ Library for Audio and Music) is a framework for research and
applications development in the audio domain. It offers a multi-rate
dataflow model suited for spectral processing, and a visual building tool
that allows to develop rapid prototypes without writing code. See the
CLAM web for more details and screenshots.

We are waiting for you!

Application deadline: March 31

If you have any question about any of the information below please
contact ask to clam-devel list or join the #clam channel at FreeNode
IRC.

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/clam/about.html
[2] GSoC FAQ: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html
[3] http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/GSoC_2007