[LAU] linux studio in Rio. help with configuration

::surian:: suriba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:20:23 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Here in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, we`re making an studio in circo
voador<http://www.circovoador.com.br/>where there will be research and
free lessons of áudio production on linux.
And we also want to record our shows in 24 separated channels.

I`m now searching for the best áudio hardware configuration for us.

The biggest problem, is that here in Brazil we pay a lot of taxes importing
audio equipament, what makes it very very expensive and give us few options
o choose.

So, what I want to ask is if you guys could suggest me a nice and cheap
configuration to record 24 channels at 24/48khz on ardour.

I was thinking in something like: RME hdsp 9652 + 3 behringers ada 8000
connected via optical adat.

is that an ok configuration (that works)?
does someone use it?
there's something better then the ada 8000 in this price range?

thanks a lot for your patience!

Surian