[LAU] netjack and alsa

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Mar 25 14:34:10 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 14:20, arisstotle.54695488 at bloglines.com wrote:
> I've been experimenting with net jack and I've sort of hit a stumbling
> block. So my question is this; is there a way to capture audio from a sound
> card, feed it through netjack over a network, and out the playback side of
> another computer.
>
> If I am correct, the rub is at the capture end. Jackd must bet
> started using the netjack driver: jackd -d net -r 48000 etc...
>
> So is there
> a way to combine the capture end of a sound card and the playback end of
> netjack?

yes there is, and I have done it. a long time ago though. there are some small
apps that go with netjack that will gove you alsa capture with netjack and
alsa playout with netjack iirc.

Hopefully, this is enough info to get you going. If not, I will see what I can
hunt up for you.

we were using it to feed our sat uplink for our radio station.

> thanks in advance.

all the best,

drew