[LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:44:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>
>  >
>  > On 26 March 2008 at 11:59, "Mark Knecht" <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Any chance that this new hardware has the right BridgeCo chips in it
>  >> to allow it to work under Linux?
>  >>
>  >> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProFire2626-main.html
>  >>
>  >> Looks like a nice competitor for the RME device. Any chance of *ever*
>  >> turning on the internal DSP? Might require a fork of hdspmixer to take
>  >> full advantage of the feature set...
>  >
>  > That does look like a SWEET unit!
>  >
>  Looks to me like a klone of the Focusrite saffire 26 pro, and Focusrite
>  has supported the ffado project with documentation and hardware, so that's
>  where my money would go...
>
>  --
>  Rick Green

Yeah, but that's a political statement. I just like that there might
be alternatives which probably helps in reducing prices through
competition. It doesn't really matter if this one works in Linux or
not. If there's competition then the overall cost of all the units
usually comes down and we all benefit no matter which one you buy.

Just my two stinking capitalist cents,
Mark