[LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Wed Mar 26 17:13:12 EDT 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Any chance that this new hardware has the right BridgeCo chips in it
> to allow it to work under Linux?
No bridgeco in there, but DICE (if you ever see JetPLL advertised you
know it's DICE, since JetPLL is a registered trademark of TC applied).
There might be a chance that it's going to work in the near future,
depending on what the TC applied guys can arrange...

> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProFire2626-main.html
>
> Looks like a nice competitor for the RME device. Any chance of *ever*
> turning on the internal DSP? Might require a fork of hdspmixer to take
> full advantage of the feature set...

On the short run the most likely extensions to the FFADO support list
are the T.C. electronic Konnekt devices and the Presonus FireStudio
interfaces.

As for the Konnekts, I'm pretty confident support is going to happen.
I've established very good (real life) contacts with the people within
TC that are responsible for those, and they are convinced. I've been
working hard to persuade them to also let me implement support for the
DSP effects inside these devices, and that seems to be successful,
although I don't promise anything. It would surely be nice to have those
effects supported...

I've also talked (not emailed) to people at Presonus, and they seem very
interested in Linux support, since a lot of their users seem to ask for
it. I've established some new contacts there and we'll see how that
works out.

In any case, don't expect any of these to be supported within the next 6
months (except maybe if some extra devs join us). FFADO is nearing beta
now, and we want to push out the current version first, before adding
more devices. If only I had some more time...

Greets,

Pieter