[LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Mar 26 18:36:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

>>>  Looks to me like a klone of the Focusrite saffire 26 pro, and Focusrite
>>>  has supported the ffado project with documentation and hardware, so that's
>>>  where my money would go...
>
> I just looked at the 26 pro specs yesterday.  It looks like the
> M-Audio unit has more input connectors.  The 26 pro only has 8 inputs
> that aren't ADAT or S/PDIF, right?

   My read has them equal in I/O: 8 analog with pre's, 2 via SPDIF, and 16
via 2 ADAT optical.  Adds up to 26.  The M-Audio unit mentioned that only
18 were supported under pro-tools.  I have no idea if a similar limitation
will be present in the Linux driver if/when it appears. (Might be due to
limited bandwidth in ADAT, if I remember correctly, it can only carry 4
channels at some higher sample rates).  Variation seems to be in
flexibility of standalone mixer capability via onboard DSP.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin