[LAU] Want to compile/install LinuxSampler in UbuntuStudio - help?

dfro at umich.edu dfro at umich.edu
Wed Mar 26 23:54:42 EDT 2008

I have UbuntuStudio Gutsy installed on an Intel-based computer. I want
to try LinuxSampler, but because of some wording in the software's GPL,
UbuntuStudio removed it from the distro.  They actually seem to have
only half removed it.  Qsampler, libgig, and liblscp are still installed
with the distro.  I don't see any purpose for including them, since they
require LinuxSampler, correct?

My problem is that I want to remove these 3 packages and do a clean
compile/install of LS and all its dependencies, but synaptic says it
will remove the ubuntustudio-audio package.  I do not want to remove
this, because I am sure a lot of .deb packages have this as a
dependency. So, how do I proceed?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
dfro