[LAU] Music: We don't want you. Complete session available.

frank frankpirrone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:43:29 EDT 2008

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This piece is about the feeling of being rejected.
> Don't worry about me, I had to let off steam in a way.
>
> While everything originates from recordings done with my cheap dynamic
> mic, the end result is fairly electronic, digital in sound. Happens if
> you modulate processed audio and continue with mangling it :)
>
> The complete Ardour session is available as .tar.bz2
> Wavpacking turned 184.5 MB into 75.8 (losless). I took care to remove
> most of the audio not actually in use, but left some construction
> material in.
>
> I would love to hear replacements for some of my parts (bass, guitar,
> flute anyone?) or remixes ;) It's all licensed as CC Attribution
> Share-Alike.
>
> Flac, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, session archive, all on:
> http://www.archive.org/details/we_dont_want_you

Hey Thorsten!

How would you prefer to receive contributions to your not being wanted?
I'm shooting for adding at least an electric guitar track and maybe some
vocal noodlings.  Other stuff I have access to are keyboards, bass,
harmonica and recorders, so I'll see if the muse is in the house.

I kicked it across the room a couple of times since downloading your Ogg
mix and believe I've got a handle on some things.

Make a limited FTP account for me, or I'll up what I do to a slow server
I have control over (168.169.215.253) where I could drop my work at
/thorsten/*.ogg.

Look for my breadcrumbs later tonight EDT.

Frank