[LAU] [Linux-Audio-User] M-Audio Trigger Finger

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 1 04:27:55 EDT 2008

Hallo,
Esben Stien hat gesagt: // Esben Stien wrote:

> After using it for a long time, I'd probably check the market for
> something that is a little more sensitive, though. When I "drum" with
> my fingers, I tend to have very subtle hits and this unit is not that
> great picking up those.

Did you play a bit with the various sensitivity curves that you can
program for the pads?

> It also has some non motorized faders, which really doesn't belong on
> a touchpad unit.

Why not? I find them *very* useful to change parameters, and if you
watch the video I posted, you can see some of the more advanced
possibilities that faders on a trigger unit offer. In fact, the faders
and knobs made me buy the Trigger Finger instead of the Akai MPD16 at
that time. I guess, many others had a similar reason, because Akai
included faders and knobw in the MPD16's successor, the MPD24.
(Probably today I would buy that one, as it seems to have endless
knobs.)

Ciao