[LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri May 2 13:15:50 EDT 2008

Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2008, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Greetings,
>
> Be earthed, greetling!
>
>> After another quarantine period, I am pleased to announce (yet) another
>> maintenance release of my flag-ship toy, Qtractor, an Audio/MIDI
>> multi-track "bedroom" sequencer for the techno-boy (and girl:).
>
> Heh, i'm not techno but i still like how QTractor is coming along :)
>
>> - Drifting correction among audio and MIDI engines is now back,
>>    but avoided while recording or should it be while looping?
>>    (EXPERIMENTAL REGRESSION)
>
> Hi, does this fix the issue that when i record to my previously recorded
> material the newly recorded material does not line up with the previously
> recorded material although i play totally in time?
>
> Ah well, gonna check it out anyways. The feature is called latency
> compensation in ardour and is a must have for any digital recorder IMHO..
>
> Just up the buffer size in jackd to like 2048 and record two tracks with
> yourself clapping and try to get them in sync :) While you might succeed to
> clap in sync to the previously recorded track (unless you're seriously rhythm
> impaired) they will not sound in sync when it comes to playing them back..

that's currently one shortcoming of qtractor: there's no latency
compensation mechanism yet... uhoh

the above issue regards to drifting between the jack engine (which is
master fwiw) and the alsa-seq midi queue. it used to get really
noticeable when looping audio *and* midi material for long periods

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org