[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Master volume control for M-Audio 2496?]

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat May 3 22:18:40 EDT 2008

We're still not there yet. From my friend

[begin copy paste]

 > > Step by step instructions:

 > > The "Digital Mix" setting will mix down all PCMs to a stereo pair
 > > and output it on H/W Out 1 and 2.

What it does is mix things down to two stereo pairs, where you have to
raise, or lower two controls to get full sound. Alsamixer and Kmix
supports this, too.

 > > You should now have sound, but at a much lower level than when you
 > > had "PCM Out 1" and "PCM Out 2" selected in the "Patchbay / Router",
 > > so you might want to raise the volume output level in the
 > > application that is supposed to make some sound.

Actually, at the defaut setting, you get 0 sound.

 > > Another responder asked just what you were trying to do, I told him
 > > you were just trying to play ogg/flac files through the card as
 > > line-level outputs into your home stereo. Yes?

That's right. I have everything turned up, and am working with PCM at
this point.

[end copy paste]

--
David