[LAU] Decent and attractive audio player

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun May 4 21:59:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Emmanuel Saracco <esaracco at free.fr> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >  I think someone else here sent it, however:
>  >
>  >         http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_media_players
>  >
>  >  It could be useful in your Graal quest :-)
>  >
>  >  Bye
>  >
>  >  naysayer a écrit :
>

>  ahh! It was thanks! I haven't tried it yet, but from the screenshots,
>  design ideas and the general coolness quod libet looks like just what
>  i was looking for. Describes all the problems i'm having with other
>  players and professes to have a solution. It's also written in my fav
>  programming language, python so if it doesn't work like i want i can
>  make it ;)
>
>  Has anyone tried it?
>  http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet
>
>  Looks like a good tag editing lib too.
>
>  Loki

An update, i've tried quod libet and despite the very strange name, I
really, really like it. Seems to be just what i was looking for.
Clean, functional, stable and works well. And FAST. Builds the
collection in a few minutes where as amarok is at 20% done after a
quite a few hours. All round, happy with it. Haven't really pushed it
to much yet though.

Loki