[LAU] pd, linux, graphics hardware.

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 9 08:15:50 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM, naysayer <gateswideopen at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey crew.
>
> i know this is a really boring topic but i'm in that horrid world of needing
> a new laptop.(current one died) call me old fashioned but 3 years is really
> not that long for the life of a PC. grrrr.

Mine died this week and it's only 10 months old. Only good thing to
say about that is that I did good backups and it's still under
warranty. I agree. These things don't last, especially laptops.

For 2D audio applications I suspect that Intel is OK. I have both
nvidia and ATI here and prefer nvidia. Much better support for video
apps like MythTV.

- Mark