[LAU] pd, linux, graphics hardware.

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Fri May 9 09:34:51 EDT 2008

> 3D Games like Nexuiz are not playable but for instance OpenArena runs
fine.
> Don't get anything below a GMA 965 / X3100/X3000, the older Intel
> chipsets render less in hardware and use more CPU.

That's strange. My GMA 950 core (945 chipset) performs alright playing
Nexuiz, along with the other 3D native Linux games. 20FPS minimum at
1280x800 with rest of the graphics settings at default. Enemy Territory at
1024x768 with medium details also runs ok (no headshots from 8800GTX users,
at least). These results are of course, with 2GB RAM, so texture loading
into memory is taken care of.

In any case, there is no doubt that Intel has the best "open support" and is
much much less of a hassle. [laugh]Think black screens if you're intending
to get Radeon/nVidia[/laugh]