[LAU] Aceptable bass guitar sound: is it possible?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon May 12 15:56:24 EDT 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 15:27, Darren Landrum wrote:
> Beyond that, you need pitch and envelope following, and a Google
> search didn't turn up anything in the Linux realm in that regard.
> That doesn't mean there's nothing out there.

If a simple pitch shift doesn't work and there are no pitch shifters
with pitch/envelope following for Linux, you could try doubling your
bass line on a good, fat analog synth sound and use your guitar track
to modulate it with a vocoder.  It's still not a bass/guitar
synthesizer, but I bet it would sound interesting... if not
especially authentic.  Then again, if you're pitch shifting a guitar
to try for a bass sound, authenticity is probably not at the top of
your requirements.

Rob