[LAU] Making great guitar sounds on GNU/Linux

Christian Delahousse christian.delahousse at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:07:36 EDT 2008

Another question about impedance and guitar sounds: I have a Tascam US 122
interface with guitar (hi-z)/line(low-z) switchers on the inputs (2 ins with
preamps and 2 insert jacks) and a guitar tube amp with an effects loop
preamp out (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe).

If I use my amp's preamp to colour my tone before going to the interface,
will the signal coming from the preamp out be high impedance or low
impedance (line). Should I plug the cable into the line level input, guitar
(hi-z) input or the insert jack (since it has already been preamplified).

Would all this be worth the trouble? Will using tube preamplification change
the attainable tones?

-Chris