[LAU] Aceptable bass guitar sound: is it possible?

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:24:35 EDT 2008

>  1) I read Arda Eden uses Hexter DSSI synth, and sound well, but I don't have a
>  midi controller, and have not experience with Rosegarden (I only use Ardour,
>  no midi at all). Is there a simple host to DSSI hexter plugin which can be
>  played/programed with mouse?

one way to do this would be to use ghostess as a simple DSSI-host for
Hexter and to enter the notes by mouse in seq24. Seq24 can be synced
with Ardour via jack-transport.

There are several other sequencers that would do the task.
This setup just works for me and I guess it is simple.

Dave Phillips wrote a nice introduction to seq24:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8304