[LAU] Equivalent to reason?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri May 16 17:33:57 EDT 2008

On 16/05/2008, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> Well, it works perfectly for me, on two separate Ubuntu 8.04 machines,
> without hardware mixing, one using pulseaudio and one using alsa +
> dmix.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 right now, upgraded online from 7.10.  If I go
to YouTube in the stock Firefox (with Flash 9 installed from the
flashplugin-nonfree package) and then open an mp3 in the stock mp3
player using the stock file browser, the mp3 player hangs, waiting for
Firefox to release the soundcard.

For what it's worth, it's an Intel HDA and JACK is not running.

I don't think I've ever visited the sound preferences dialog before,
but going there now, I see that the "Devices" tab has everything set
to Autodetect, and the "Sounds" tab has "Enable software sound mixing
(ESD)" checked.

Chris