[LAU] Equivalent to reason?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri May 16 18:23:12 EDT 2008

On 16/05/2008, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> Well, it works perfectly for me, on two separate Ubuntu 8.04 machines,
> without hardware mixing, one using pulseaudio and one using alsa +
> dmix.

By the way, to come back to this -- is there any way in the Ubuntu
config GUIs to find out which server/setup you're using?  I have
everything set to Autoconfig, and according to "ps" I do have
pulseaudio running, but I don't see anything in the GUI to say so.
And although the GUI does mention ESD, I don't actually seem to have
ESD running regardless of whether it's enabled in the GUI or not.

Similarly, if I had more than one soundcard, where would I go to tell
pulseaudio which one to use?

I'm quite fond of the new Ubuntu, but as far as sound is concerned,
for me it really doesn't seem to be any improvement over earlier
distros.

Chris