[LAU] Three Grafic-Cards with Studio64?

CC-Band CC-Band at web.de
Fri May 16 19:28:35 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 16. Mai 2008 01:09 schrieb Loki Davison:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:20 AM, CC-Band <CC-Band at web.de> wrote:
> > i want to use three (!) grafic-cards in my studio64 pc (studio64 rc2.1
> > with kernel 2.6.21). the first should be an agp the two others should be
> > pci
> >
> > these are my questions:
> >
> > 1) is it possible?
> >
> > 2) if yes can anyone send my his xorg.conf-file?
> >
> > 3) if yes: how can the first one show my normal desktop the second
> > rosegarden and the third hydrogen?
> >
> > 4) which cards should i take?
> >
> > 5) is it better to load three different modules -> three different cards
> > or can two be of the same type
>
> Wouldn't one multihead card be a lot easier? Most nvidia cards do
> multihead right? The lower end nvidia stuff is $40....

maybe ...  but i have got a few pci-cards so i want to try it.
now i got two cards working: one agp and one pci. unfortunately the second pci
don't want to work. if i modify the frequences (hsync / vrefresh) of the
first pci-card (in xorg.conf) , then the second works but not the fisrt
one ... i also have to use the "vesa" driver for both pci-cards because
the "ark" and "s3" does'nt really work and have lower depth.
so again my question: can i use two pci-cards at the same time and even with
the same driver?

thanx

mike

cx