[LAU] ecasound - MIDI note-on/note-off

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat May 17 03:56:42 EDT 2008

Hi Josh!
   Ecasound doesn't understand NOTE ON/NOTE OFF. Quel dommage. It can read MIDI
controllers like a modwheel or some other knob. So you could do it more
Theremin fashion. :-)
   It is true that ecasound now understands the ALSA sequencer API, but only
for sending MID start/stop events and for reading controllers. It would be
good if ecasound supported at least simple note on note off, but I think this
would still mean, that there's a lot to do. :-(
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net