[LAU] changing program in fluidsynth

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sat May 17 09:02:54 EDT 2008

I've been fiddling around with the command line version of fluidsynth and I
can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change the program.  I have the
PC

fonts
ID  Name
 1  PC51f.sf2

> channels -verbose
chan 0, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 1, Bright Piano
chan 1, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 5, Epiano 2
chan 2, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 2, Electric Grand
chan 3, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 3, Honky Tonk Piano
chan 4, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 2, Electric Grand
chan 5, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 1, Bright Piano
chan 6, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 6, Ger. Harpsichord
chan 7, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 7, Clavinet
chan 8, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 8, Celesta
chan 9, sfont 1, bank 128, preset 0, Standard
chan 10, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 10, Music Box
chan 11, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 11, Vibraphone
chan 12, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 12, Marimba
chan 13, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 13, Xylophone
chan 14, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 14, Tubular Bell
chan 15, sfont 1, bank 0, preset 15, Dulcimer-Hammered

yet I can't find any combination of the command 'prog' that changes to a
different soundfont other than 'bright piano'.  Sucks, because there is a
really good rhodes in here.. (which is also weird because it isn't in the
list above.  Using fluidsynth-dssi, the rhodes patch shows up in program 4).

thanks if you can help,
rich