[LAU] Aceptable bass guitar sound: is it possible?

Jorge spesgmd at telefonica.net
Sun May 18 13:36:46 EDT 2008

Hi people!

Thanks very much for all the advices you gave about the "creating a good bass
sound" subject, I'm going to try and play with some programs and
configurations new for me (I have no experience with synths and MiDi at all),
so I'll be busy for some time with all this info... :)

I see there's a lot of experienced people here in the list, I thought I was
the only crazy one using Free Soft for creating Music ;)

Some things I'll be trying are:
Seq24 with Hexter.
NekoBee, AMS, Phasex.
Linuxsampler & Chapman Stick patch
Once in Ardour, some Eq, compression, etc...

Anyway, at the end I guess I'll buy a cheap real bass, route it through the
PODxt to add some preamp and sound modelling, and finally to the analogue
input to Ardour :)

Thanks again to everybody!

Jorge.