[LAU] Aceptable bass guitar sound: is it possible?

Jorge spesgmd at telefonica.net
Sun May 18 18:48:44 EDT 2008

Hi!

I've been playing with Hexer (within jack-dssi-host) feeded from seq24, and to
Ardour through jack. It works fine, and got some cool bass sounds with a funk
bass I like a lot (I love slapping).

But the editing in seq24 is really like a pain in the ass with the mouse (I
don't have a midi keyboard), it has really bad things like you have to select
from a combo box the length of the note before setting it (!!!!)... it's too
slow!

What sequencing program you recommend me instead of seq24?? I'm used to the
Hydrogen interface... are Muse or Rosegarden easy/powerful to use? do they
work also with DSSI plugins like Hexter?

This DSSI plugin could be good enough while I buy the real thing (and learn
how to play it decently).

The result of the Hexer bass experiment can be heard here:

http://virb.com/spes <----- "Exp.0x03" track ;)

I did only 2 patterns as you can hear, but sounds cool anyway :)

Jorge.