[LAU] stupid organ-question

Markus Schwarzenberg schwarzb at ipms.fraunhofer.de
Wed May 21 07:32:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:56:21 +0200 (CEST) Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>    I just wondered: If they say"tutti" and mean the registration of a church
> organ, do they really mean "ALL registers"? I want to get a real full typical
> "tutti" sound out of aeolus. So do I really draw all stops/

IIRC, usually only "Schwebestimmen" (intentionally slightly distuned stops
like Unda Maris, Voc coeolestis -  sorry, didn't find a proper translation)
are excluded from the tutti. However, in practice this doesn't make much
of a difference. Sometimes there are more advanced switches like "reeds off"
which also affect the tutti.

Markus