[LAU] Performance problems.

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri May 23 09:40:14 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 23. Mai 2008 schrieb J M Needham:
> Thanks Arnold. It comes back to the age old question of "What am I
> actually trying to do?" I see now that Jamin was never intended for live
> effects, which is fine as there are excellent compressors and eq LADSPA's
> for those. Now I'm seeing much better how it all fits together.

For compressors look the the SC-compressors (SC4 mono is my choice for almost
everything). These are afaik the compressors used in jamin. But without the
overhead from the cross-over...

And there are also quite a lot of eq's from fons, steve, and others. But I
currently don't recall the actual plugin-names.

> I realise that the Intel-HDA is a bit of a space filler in my laptop (my
> SB is a tower PCI card). I understand that USB soundcards are rubbish if
> you want excellent latency (various posts somewhere). So on the hunt for a
> new soundcard for it.

Visit www.ffado.org and choose one of the devices listed as "Supported".

Have fun and a nice weekend,

Arnold