[LAU] zoom h2 software mixer?

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Sat May 24 01:10:04 EDT 2008

To celebrate my new full time job, and payday, I just got a zoom h2.
It records four channels from its four microphones, runs on AA
batteries, and can be accessed as a hard drive or a sound card (sadly
only two mics at a time when a sound card). Excellent little machine
for the price.

My one problem is that alsa (either via amixer, alsamixer or
oss-emulation mixer via aumix) will not give me any mixer controls. Am
I stuck with using the silly buttons on the machine for all mixing,
when I use it as a sound card? How hard would it be to write a mixer
for it... is the problem a lack of developer time or an issue with the
device itself?