[LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:09:34 EDT 2008

Thanks for the comments and advice so far, I appreciate it!

My soundcard: "Intel 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio
Controller"

I was thinking about the sure SM58, like dp was talking about. Can I use
it for recording acoustic guitar too (voice is the most important)?
Is there much difference between a SM75 and a SM58, and are the 'beta'
versions much better?

And if a new soundcard is needed, is the m-audio audiophile 24/96 a good
choice? Or is it better to have a usb device with some sort of preamp in
it? I do use a boss distortion pedal now as preamp for my electr.
guitar....
What is better, usb or pci?

So it seems to be better to buy a mic and maybe a soundcard first, and
see if I really need a mixer and buy a good one later, if I have some
more money...

Dirk