[LAU] OT: Guitar level- Mic or Line?

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:18:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Simon Williams
<simon at systemparadox.co.uk> wrote:
> Reuben Martin wrote:
> Well, considering the desk was not more than a few hundred it's quite a
> bit, and I'm going to need 2-3 at least I think.

Cheapest DIs I've seen are from audiopile.net.  I have an active DI
from there, and it works fine (to my ears).  They have 4 channel
versions too, $75 passive, $125 active.  I've ordered cables from them
a few times (cheapest cables, too!), and have no complaints.

Even cheaper solution: DIY.  Schematics are provided on the Jensen
website: http://www.jensentransformers.com/apps_sc.html#musical
Find a compatible transformer to the Jensen part in the schematic
(Jensens are too expensive).