[LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Wed May 28 02:21:27 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Al Thompson <biggles58 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> [...]

Of course your opinion is welcome. It's just the fact that many pci
cards do phantom power fine and within spec for any phantom powered
mic. I can't see how usb has anything better for this. Usb for audio
has a pile of problems technically. It's latency is bad, channel count
is low and in that case it was more expensive than the option i
showed. The echo mixer and envy mixer apps for pci cards are also
really nice with good VU's and easy direct routing.  I don't think at
any point even for laptops usb was the best solution as pcmcia layla's
etc exist. I'm sorry if I sounded like an arse though ;) I just had an
annoying usb card for a long time and get vengeful if i think about
it....

Loki