[LAU] which laptop?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed May 28 08:03:12 EDT 2008

Quoting J M Needham <J.M.Needham at bath.ac.uk>:

> What driver parameters did you use? (and where did you put them :-))
> Just
> as I don't quite have the money for a soundcard at the moment.

I think it was position_fix=1 . There are some other parameters as well,
like "model" but google can tell you more about their use than me.

If you run the command line "alsamixer", it will tell you the actual chip in
question. Googling for that chip and alsa or ubuntu or whatever might give
you a straight answer on what parameters should be set. Another option would
be to google your specific laptop model and ubuntu, or hda intel etc.

 Sampo