[LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Wed May 28 12:06:07 EDT 2008

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 10:56, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>> Loki Davison wrote:

There are none that have 24 preamps. However, there are plenty that can
handle +24 channels with the use of external preamps. The magic number
seems to be "26", being "8 preamps, 2x ADAT, 1x spdif". Then there are
some devices that provide 4x/4x ADAT I/O.

I'm only going to give one device name since that's the only one on our
supported device list: Focusrite Saffire PRO26.

To get a more broad overview of the market I would suggest you look at
the offerings from TC Electronic, Presonus and M-Audio too if you look
for something like this. I can name at least 5 devices that do 24channel
(spdif doesn't count for me) I/O if you have 16channels of external
preamp. All at 48k of course.

Greets,

Pieter