[LAU] Cellular Automaton Sequencing

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed May 28 17:23:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:07:13 -0600
"holotone at gmail.com" <holotone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Saw this come across the CDM feed today, and was hoping someone could
> help me track down a similar app that'd work under Linux; I'm
> interested in sequencing a collection of sounds in a semi-random
> rhythmic fashion - Anything ya'll know if that'd fit the bill?
>
> I'm also interested in software at all along the lines pseudo-random /
> glitchy / fractal / math inspired music.
>
> Thanks!

I'm not sure if it fits your bill, but drobilla has a strange app
called machina(http://wiki.drobilla.net/Machina). Last time I tried it
I didn't understand it at all.

All the audio programming languages are probably fine for that stuff as
well, but you'll likely need to know what you are doing or find
something readymade. (pd, chuck, csound, ...)

Please don't send html mails, thank you.

Best Regards,
	Philipp