[LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:57:38 EDT 2008

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:02:38PM +0200, schoappied wrote:
>

>> Do you mean the soundcraft compact?
>> http://www.thomann.de/nl/soundcraft_compact_4.htm
>>

> Yep.
>

>> And the Yamaha mg 102 http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_mg_102_c.htm ?
>>

> That is not the Yamaha I have.  It looks similar, except that one looks
> a bit nicer than mine.  Mine has no compressors is the first difference
> I notice.  This one also looks to be physically smaller than mine.  It
> also costs less than mine (mine was gotten in early April '07).
>
> Looking around, it appears that mine is no longer a current product and
> that that is the replacement.
>
> I've never heard anyone say that Yamaha is known for their great
> preamps, but the ones in my Yamaha mixer are certainly servicable.  I've
> used them with SM58s, Beta58s, and SM57s, as well as a few Audio
> Technica wireless units.

I'm thinking to buy a art tube project series
http://www.thomann.de/nl/art_tube_mp_project_series.htm with a m-audio
audiophile 24/96 ...

Would be great if there's something like this which makes it possible to
record guitar and voice together... I know there's a art tube dual usb,
but I don't want a usb connection...

Is it possible to use a mixer with this art tube? Then I could buy one
if I decide I need a mixer and have money..

dirk