[LAU] OT: Guitar level- Mic or Line?

Andre Majorel aym-psd at teaser.fr
Thu May 29 16:04:50 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-29 12:26 -0400, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Andre Majorel <aym-psd at teaser.fr> wrote:
> > On 2008-05-27 22:00 +0100, Simon Williams wrote:
> >
> > > What if I can't afford DI-boxes? Which is best to use?
> >
> > Try it and see but I bet they both will sound muffled. If you have
> > a bipolar supply hanging around, you can make an unbalanced buffer
> > for cheap.
>
> Wouldn't any non-"True Bypass" stomp box do the same thing?

In most cases, yes. The only two caveats are that a) some stomp
boxes are reputed to have a less than transparent bypass channel
and b) since stomp boxes do not *have* to have a low output
impedance, some might have a high output impedance. I'm not sure
why someone would design a stomp box that way but people do even
weirder things every day, so...

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.