[LAU] Preamp for mic/ guitar (was: hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar)

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:50:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've bought a m-audio audiophile 24/96 and a mic shure sm 58 beta
(thanks for your advices ;) ).

I also have a epiphone les paul elekt. guitar with a orange crush 30 r
amplifier.

Now I want to be able to record voice and guitar, so I need a preamp...
(or a mixer, if that's better)

My budget is around 100 euro, but don't be to strict on that, maybe I'll
can get some things second hand...

I was thinking about these things, but Giuseppe, was telling that the
art tubes are not a really good choice:

- http://www.thomann.de/nl/art_tube_mp_project_series.htm

What about the alternative in this area?

- audio buddy: http://www.thomann.de/nl/m-audio_audio_buddy.htm

- Studio Projects VTB1 : http://www.thomann.de/nl/studio_projects_vtb1.htm

What are good preamps? Are there good preamps in the range of 100 - 250
euro? (Maybe I'll can get some second hand).

Thanks in advance,

Dirk