[LAU] Feedback on Phonic FireFly 302

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 03:02:29 EST 2008

I'm considering picking up a FireFly 302 for my basic instrument/vocals
recording needs at home.
And I've not found any thorough info on how well supported it is besides
"Reported to work. So I'd like to ask a few questions:

- What kind of mixer interface will it have? Will it be usable? Properly
labeled strips? Is it "ffadomixer"?
- Does MIDI work properly?
- Is there anything I can do to contribute? I.e. if I buy one, can I
work with someone to improve support for it?

Also, I've tried to find info on the difference between 302 and 302
Plus, and it seems it's only inputs. The chip should be the same, right
(BridgeCo?)? The one I'm considering getting is a plain FireFly 302.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Petter Sundlöf