[LAU] place to share and give away music?

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Nov 3 13:59:47 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 19:40 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> After my little Album is sold out I want to give it away for free now.
> I will choose one of the CC licenses I think so that people can share,
> download, listen, play-back (even commercial) to it unlimited and free
> of charge but that they are prohibited to change, remix, rent or sell
>  it.

Very nice! However, I don't think you can express an allowance for
playback in a commercial setting but at the same time disallow selling
or renting with a CC license.

Please consider allowing derivatives/remixes. People showing enough
interest to work with your material should be seen as a good sign ;)

> Now I want to share with a big audience so do you know any sites and
> places where I can share under the terms I've mentioned before?

I myself use
http://www.archive.org/details/audio
It's open for everyone.

Then there are
http://www.jamendo.com
http://magnatune.com
http://www.dmusic.com
http://www.opsound.org/
http://www.soundclick.com/
but I don't know the conditions for each one.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/