[LAU] place to share and give away music?

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Nov 3 16:47:26 EST 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 16:08:05 Nils Gey wrote:
> Ok.
>
> You see, I'm still not sure about the license and I'm glad there is a
> mailinglist to discuss such things. Maybe I will just forbid commercial at
> all. Sharing is one thing but giving the music away so that others can make
> money with it is another. Or maybe I do it like the GPL and whoever sells
> my music is forced to announce that you can download it for free :) (just a
> joke)

Actually, that is about what I do. The license I use is one of the cc BY-SA
ones. A lot like the GPL but for music and other art, etc.

I wish people would start trying to make money selling my stuff. It would be
nice if they shared some of the wealth if they made a bunch but right now,
moving my stuff would be a nice start.

I do have some ideas I am documenting on how to make something if you want to
while using Free Licenses for various artworks. Here is a link:

http://packet-in.org/wiki/index.php?title=Income

In any case, here are some of my lyrics and bits of lyrics:

http://packet-in.org/repo/user_drewRoberts/drewRoberts_newlyrics.txt

You are free to try and make something money wise from them so long as you
follow the license terms.

> Nils

all the best,

drew