[LAU] more noise from the laboratory

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 09:14:05 EST 2008

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Do I detect the sound of the swh gong model kicking in there?

Nope. That's probably one of the sounds I use in LinuxSampler, from a
set of noise sounds I made with the PSIndustrializer synth.

> It's a bit gamey but it's fun too. Thanks for the lift.
My pleasure. Sometimes I get to write fun stuff for demos to my
articles. Btw, feel free to use any part of it for any further creative
purposes.

> I got some distortion on my headphones at a normal volume. It seemed
> to be in the high end.

I'm not getting any distortion through my monitors, but I haven't tested
with headphones. Actually, I never test with phones, maybe I ought to ?

Best,

dp