[LAU] Echo Layla 3G...

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 22:36:07 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Preston C. <gprestonc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Quite a few people here have them and like them. I've got the gina 3g
>> and i'm very happy with it. I could do with more ins and less outs,
>> but it's good, feels really solid and is stable. Using it for gaming
>> under windoze is little bit of an arse but once you get it setup it's
>> fine. Mic and guitar/hi-z together is handy. Decent for DIing a bass
>> or acoustic pickup.
>>
>> Loki
>>

> Thanks Loki. Why can using it for gaming be a problem? Any speakers
> you recommend?
>
> I am really thinking about getting this card, unless there is something better?

The drivers don't seem to like working for input in WDM mode with
steam games. So voice chat doesn't work well. The other option,
purewave or something like that seems to fix it. Ahh, speakers, i plug
them into a marantz amp and peerless speakers. No idea for self
powered/monitors. It seemed like the best card for me, don't know
about your price point/needs etc. DAT for future channels is nice.

Loki