[LAU] Audacity strange behavior

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Nov 11 16:16:56 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 08:39:52PM +0000, Folderol wrote:

> The default sample format is indeed 32 bit float, but is selectable as
> 16 or 24bit integer as well.
>
> Also dither can be 'None' 'Rectangle' 'Triangle' and most interestingly
> 'Shaped'. Guess what, out-of-the box default is for 'Shaped'.

The code is based on Jack's but implemented quite differently.

> I'll do a few more tests myself, but I'm rather of the opinion that
> I've just stirred up a non-issue.

I don't think so...

I just ripped Audacity's dither code and put it in a simple
jack app to test it. Things seem OK... The 'shaped' spectrum
is not entirely what I expected, but it's quite different and
*way* lower than what I measused on you files.

There must be something else going on...

Caio,

--
FA

Parma, Italia