[LAU] no connection...

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Tue Nov 11 19:49:39 EST 2008

Quoth Preston C. at 2008-11-12 11:15...

> I open and then start qjackctl, then I open qsampler and load a .gig
> file. In connection in qjackctl I connect "32:Audigy MPU-401 #2" in
> readable clients to "LinuxSampler" in writable clients. Then I press
> some keys on my midi keyboard and QSampler does not pick it up. If I
> connect "Vkeybd" to "LinuxSampler" and press the keys Vkeybd using my
> mouse, QSampler works??? Many Thanks.

Trying to think through this in my currently befuddled state - so you're
not getting MIDI coming in although you can see the MIDI device?

Is the MIDI interface connected through USB?  If so, make sure that you
are not hooking it in via a USB hub.  I learned that the hard way.

--
Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/