[LAU] LAM -2008 mix online : update

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Nov 13 06:41:07 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:45:42 +0700
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have adjusted the sample rate for a couple of tracks and added a
> couple more that I missed from the original release.
>
> The mix is now 100 minutes long. Still no Hiphop tracks and no
> classical pieces either.
>
> http://djcj.org/audio/lam/lam-2008.ogg
> 112,379MB - ogg
>
> - If people can have a listen and let me know if the levels are right
> that would be helpful. It sounds fine on my headphones but may be too
> quiet at the start on a speaker system.
>
> - I have compressed it with q5 this time. That makes the file size
> about 40MB bigger. The previous version was q3 which is the default
> for oggenc. Please let me know if that improves the audio quality.
>

> Here's the full playlist:

It would be nice to have that available in the file somehow.
I know that it's possible with vorbis, I just don't know how.

And another thing, usually the recommended ogg encoder is the
aoTuV-version which one can get here as .deb for example:
http://rarewares.org/ogg-oggenc.php
Afaik the aoTuV-changes are going to be merged into mainline oggenc,
I don't know if this has already happened.
Benefits should be: faster, same or better quality vs. filesize

Just suggestions. I'll try to dig up some informaion on chaptered
Vorbis or however it is called. It may be the thing I found at the end
of the oggenc manpage, but I'm not sure.

Just ideas.
Oh, and the compilation is a very nice idea.

Best regards,
	Philipp