[LAU] scaling parameters in Ingen

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 20:39:06 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 10:14 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
>> > Is there any way to scale parameters?
>> > Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> There are range converter plugins in the omins plugin collection, part
>> of Dave's lad repository.
>
> But sadly they have audio inputs only. Ingen is supposed to do implicit
> conversion, but as of rev 1716, it crashes if you connect control to a
> ladspa plugin's audio input (bug reported).
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms

If the ladosc you are talking about is the one I wrote last time I had
free time, it is good to see someone using it, and it should be easy
to go into the source code and redefine the minimum and maximum range
values. I also wrote a set of ladspa plugins to do the basic math
operations on control signals, pd style, then started banging my head
against the wall about the fact that every control data path is active
for every cycle with every ladspa host (the geeky way to think of it
would be that pd is lazy, and ladspa using apps are eager). Anyway,
ladosc and the math operators, including a range translator, are
available at http://code.google.com/p/noisesmith-linux-audio/downloads/list
. Cross your fingers, there is a good chance I get laid off soon, and
until I lose my room for lack of money I will have all kinds of time
for improving my linux audio software.