[LAU] template for lam mix website

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun Nov 16 13:45:20 EST 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 02:11:58 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Josh Lawrence wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> >
> > <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm going to build a webpage for the LAM mix so if anyone has
> >> suggestions for things that should be referenced on it and even ideas
> >> for the layout/theme etc... I'm interested.
> >
> > http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost
> >
> > I've never used it, but it seems to have all of the functionality you
> > need built right in.
>
> It has potential but I think it may be too powerful for the first
> version of the site.
>
> I'm not sure the site would need to have any kind of account
> infrastructure. Basically it would just be a reference point for the
> details and location to download the actual mix.
>
> I'm not sure it would be necessary to provide login facilities for
> anyone. I'm not sure if anyone would else would have a need to add
> anything to the site.
>
> I'm open to suggestions though. If other people think they would like to
> make mixes and have them referenced it a central location specific to
> LAM then we could certainly take it in that direction. Although ccmixter
> sort of achieves that goal already just on a broader scale.

ccmixter has issues with allowable licenses. Some linux audio will not be
allowed to be posted unless the makers are willing to relicense.

They may be a bit aggressive in moving things into the NC domain as well but I
need to do further research on that before I can be sure.

I have stuff on ccmixter and on kompoz. Both have their plusses.

> I guess what I'm wondering is if others would like to have a location
> for putting up mixes of LAM tracks or if this site should just be
> focused on the annual mix and leave the more dynamic aspect to the
> existing sites.

> Maybe it can start as a single point and if there is demand it can grow
> to encompass other mixes in the future.
>
> Anyway I'll give ccmixter a shot to see if it can be adapted to the
> immediate needs.

Do you mean ccmixter the site or cchost the platform? If the latter, please
double check that license options are a config time choice and not hard coded
or, if the latter, that it is easy to mod.

> Cheers.

all the best,

drew