[LAU] more Ingen questions

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:43:42 EST 2008

OK, a rash of Ingen questions, I'll keep the post brief:

1.  None of my LADSPA plugins show up, nor my DSSI plugins.  I have
the paths set for both...any idea why this is?  Is there a config file
that I need to edit?  I don't know enough about how Ingen handles
these plugins to know what to troubleshoot; all I know is that they
aren't working.  Any tips at all would be appreciated.
2.  Luckily, mda plugins show up like a charm.  How do I get my midi
keyboard to play into them?  I've tried adding internal objects like
MIDI controller, but nothing seems to work.  I must be missing
something obvious, so if someone could help me out.  (FYI, my MIDI
keyboard shows up just fine in aconnectgui as PCR1.)
3.  Audio output is another matter too; I've added audio output units,
but nothing seems to show up in qjackctl in the Audio tab.

...I dunno, maybe I'm just too stupid to be running this stuff, but it
seems that there would be a manual or some kind of documentation to
help the newbie get going on the basic concepts (get MIDI in, get
audio out).  I would be more than happy to read something like that,
if I could just find it.  I ran into this same frustration with pd,
and gave up on that too.  Is there not any software in Linux that
provides this kind of functionality that provides documentation to go
along with it?  Obviously most of the users on this list have no
problems using this stuff, so where am I going wrong?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://hardbop200.blogspot.com