[LAU] more Ingen questions

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 11:53:43 EST 2008

Hello all,

So my main goal is to build a headless machine so I can have access to
some synth sounds live.  I would really like to use free software to
do this and show it off to my Windows friends!  So far I've been able
to get most everything going, but I need a synthesizer that can run
headless, thus I'm turning to Ingen.

Basically, all I want is the engine and the mda plugins.  I do not
want to compile the whole thing (on my gigging machine anyway...),
just those pieces.  How do I do this?  The INSTALL file mentions how
to build the whole project, but not the pieces.  My assumption is that
I start in the ingen directory and do the ./waf configure, ./waf,
./waf install, correct?

Then, what order do I need to build to get the mda plugins?  lv2-core,
lv2, mda???  Again, I want *no* gui dependancies (I'm trying to keep
this system VERY small), just the functional pieces for the engine.

Thanks!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://hardbop200.blogspot.com