[LAU] random system lockups, memtest clean, no idea... Magic sysrq?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:26:34 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:

> Look for errors in your /var/log/ files?  Make sure you have a look
> at the X log files.  I've had troubles there from time to time.
>
> I hated it when I had this trouble, which turned out to be the wrong
> type of RAM for my mobo.  Good luck!

I have the same problem. I couldn't find any errors in the logs...

I'd be interested to know what kind of system you have. I have an intel
mobo, 1GB DDR2 RAM at 800mhz, Intel Pentium D @ 3.2ghz, Intel embedded
graphics, and a WD SATA HD @ 16GB/3gbps.

I'm suspecting a graphics problem, but a fix doesn't seem to be coming
easily...

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com