[LAU] optimal disk performance, ubuntu

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Nov 21 21:52:02 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peder Hedlund wrote:
>
>> I think the IDE drives should be faster but I haven't got an ATA-100
>> cable so that might be the culprit.
>

> So I would expect my system to perform better, you're 50% more throghput
> than me :-(

The buffered number is the interesting one, not the cached.

Your disk seems fine.  Are you running plugins on each track or just
playing them straight off disk?

If you're doing heavy DSP on 10+ tracks I would expect the behavior
you see.  What's your JACK period size?

I agree that you should try Ardour to rule out a poorly written DAW.

Lee